Adjusta-Watt 1000w 400v e-lite Digital Ballast
Adjusta Watt 1000w 400v e-lite Digital Ballast.
The Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast is designed to operate high voltage/400V double ended or single ended E40 mogul based horticultural lamps on a 240V power supply. 1000w DE 400V lamps have the highest PAR output, the highest efficiency and the best lumen maintenance of all HPS lamps used in the professional horticultural industry.
- Smart-Step Technology: By turning the dial on the Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast you can adjust the output of a 1000w lamp between 400w, 600w, 1000w and Over-Drive, or operate individual lamps of the stated wattage.
- Over-Drive: The Over-Drive feature increases power to the lamp to approximately 1100w delivering maximum PAR from the lamp.
- SmartStart Ignition Control: This revolutionary feature, unique to our products, makes the Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast the safest and most reliable ballast when used in automated multiple lamp applications. When multiple units are connected to the mains circuit, our integrated Ignition Control software will completely balance the electrical draw by igniting one lamp at a time to prevent electrical surges and spikes that can overload the mains circuit and trip circuit breaking systems.
- Soft Start Technology: Soft Start Technology prolongs lamp life by stopping current rush to the lamp and preventing lamp overload. When the ballast is started from cold there will be a 3 second fixed delay before ignition. After ignition there will be a series of random 0-2 second delays before full brightness is reached. Soft Start Technology is also activated when increasing and decreasing power to the lamp using the ‘Smart-Step’ feature.
- Re-Strike of Hot Lamps after Mains Failure: The Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast uses a timed re-strike system that prevents the ballast from re-striking a hot lamp after a power failure. If a hot lamp is detected, the re-strike will be delayed for 60 second intervals until the lamp has cooled sufficiently to be re-ignited. Re-ignition is then controlled by ‘SmartStart Ignition Control’ and ‘Soft Start Technology’ software.
- Lamp Compatibility: The Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast is designed specifically to operate 400w, 600w & 1000w high voltage/400V double ended or single ended E40 mogul based horticultural lamps and is not compatible with other lamp types. For the perfect match choose Sol-Digital 400V Super HPS lamps.
- Automatic Frequency Adjustment: The Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast automatically adjusts its output frequency to maintain a constant output regardless of input power fluctuations and ageing lamps. This also prevents ‘lamp flicker’.
- Full Circuit Protection with LED Status Indicator: The Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast uses a sophisticated software controlled circuit breaking system that is not seen in other manufacturer’s ballasts. The system protects against a series of faults including: Open Circuit Protection, Short Circuit Protection, Over Voltage Protection, Under Voltage Protection and Over Temperature Protection. On Ignition the ballast performs a 3 second test of the circuit and in the event of a fault the ballast will go into protection mode to avoid damage to the ballast and lamp. The cause of the fault can be diagnosed using the LED warning lights on the ballast.
- Thermostatic Air-Cooling: The Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast is cooled using two whisper quiet, thermostatically controlled fans. The fans adjust their speed or switch off depending on the internal temperature of the ballast. This system ensures all heat is effectively removed from the ballast and the ballast is virtually silent in operation. The ballast is capable of being cooled sufficiently with a single fan but employs the second fan as back up.
- RF Shielding: The Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast has superior RF Shielding and will not interfere with radio frequencies or ADSL broadband.
- High Energy Efficiency: The Adjusta-Watt 400V e-lite Digital Ballast is over 30% more efficient than standard magnetic ballast producing more lumens of light per watt of consumed energy. Efficiency does not diminish and is maintained for the entire life of the unit.