SMSCom All-In-One Hybrid Switchbox 4-Way
The SMSCOM Switchbox is a complete control unit for lights, heater and 2 ventilators.
You can control 4 lights of a maximum of 600Watts (4A) each with the Switchbox. The added Hybrid Fan Controller
makes it possible to control 2 ventilators of max 900Watts combined.
The operation of the SMSCOM Switchbox is analogue but the controller itself is digital which offers many advantages
over controllers without software control. These advantages are the TempProtector for the light control, and a
Delayed-StartUp making it possible to switch on the lights one at the time so you never have a peak current on
1. Connect the lights to the YELLOW outlets
2. Set the Grässlin timer clock to the correct time
3. Set the ON/OFF times on the Grässlin timer using the 15 minute segments
4. Set the Grässlin timer to AUTO ()
5. Set the TempProtector to the maximum temperature limit (e.g. 35°C)
6. Connect the ventilators to the BLUE outlets (smallest fan is Fan In/ largest fan is Fan Out)
7. Set the minimum ventilation speed (e.g. step 1), the temperature (e.g. 25°C) and the maximum ventilation speed
(e.g. step 5) using the 3 dials
8. Connect the heater to the BLACK outlet
9. Place the 2 temperature sensors in the middle of the room making sure they are not placed directly under a lamp
or in the air flow
10. Plug the Switchbox into the mains socket.
Light Control (YELLOW SOCKETS)
The TempProtector must be set to the maximum temperature the room can reach before lights will start to be
switched off. If the temperature of the room exceeds the MAX TEMPERATURE, the TempProtector will shut down
one lamp at a time until the temperature drops beneath the set point. Because of the built in safety timer, the lamps
will stay off 30 minutes before they are re-ignited. This protection prevents the lamps from igniting whilst they are
still too hot. No matter what the temperature is, one lamp always stays on.
With the Grässlin timer you can set up te times at which the lights go on and off. This can be done in 15 minute
segments. Witch the build-in slide switch you can also switch the lights manually (OFF (0) / ON (I) / AUTO ().
Hybrid FanController (BLUE SOCKETS)
The Switchbox has a Hybrid FanController to control the FAN IN and FAN OUT ventilators. The ventilators will run all
the time to maintain a set temperature. With the 3 dials you can program the minimum fan speed, the desired
temperature and the maximum fan speed. The Switchbox will control the ventilators automatically in 5 steps so the
desired temperature will be held. Of course you also can use only 1 ventilator if desired using ‘FAN AIR OUT’ socket
only. Attention: The COMBINED maximum load for the ventilators is 900Watt/4Ampere.
Heater (BLACK SOCKET)
When the lights are turned off, the heater will be active on the Black socket, max 2500 Watt.
If the Light Controller is overloaded, the left fuse (16Amp Slow) will blow and the red LED indicator will switch
on.There can also be a blown fuse in the mains plug, in that case no red LED indicator will be lit.
If the Hybrid FanController is overloaded, the right fuse (5Amp Slow) will blow. No LED indicator will switch on, but
the ventilators will stop running. In both cases, correct the overloading and replace the fuses.
– DO NOT put the temperature sensors directly in the airflow or under a lamp. This has an effect on the function of
– Over powering the Switchbox can result in permanent damage to the controller.
– Damages or risk by improper use of the device are not covered by the